5 true things about your spiritual journey:
- Actively seeking God
- Willing (to do what I need to do to get where I want to be in my relationship with God)
- Curious (I want to know as many details of what, when, how and why about God and about those who followed Christ and their stories as told in scripture)
- Dreaming (of what I want and can see myself doing as I grow in my relationship with God)
- Surrender (In all my dreams and desires, I want to discover what God would have for me as it is so much better than what I plan for myself — I want my dreams to fit into His plan for me)
4 things that have influenced your spiritual development over the years:
- Reading God’s Word chronologically in a year
- It’s Personal by Virginia Ward, Reggie Joiner and Kristen Ivy
- Majors Rand and Deb Sjogren who loved me and helped me when I was completely lost and not where I wanted to be
- MoKan Gospel Choir, the best of groups and the best of times, in not only leading people to worship in new ways but also growing in my own worship and in Christ as we sought Him together as a group
3 things that keep your spiritual life on track:
- Taking the challenge of reading God’s Word through in a year on the YouVersion app that keeps track of what I read
- Walking each day at work with my friend Marcie, which allows us to not only discipline ourselves physically but allows us to share our deepest thoughts and cares with each other
- Taking time to just sit at my piano at home and play so I can worship and share what is on my heart with God through music
2 good news things you see happening in the Army right now:
- Seeing spiritual growth in my two oldest children who are away at college in Nashville. I am seeing both of my girls surrounding themselves with other believers and seeking God. I see them sharing Christ with others by building relationships.
- Seeing the impact that our summer camping ministry is having on kids in the Kansas-Western Missouri division. I can literally see God changing lives through this ministry.
1 final thing you would say to encourage someone else on their spiritual journey:
- In Jeremiah 29: 13-14a it says, “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you”, declares the Lord. This past year as I have intentionally sought for God I have found Him in unexpected places and ways. I have found that while I have always known this in my head that God is always with me it is now known truly in my heart. I am never alone as He is always with me, He has gone before me, He has gone behind me and He has walked beside me. As I continue on my journey there are new things ahead for me and I cannot wait to see what they are.
Lori is a soldier of the Olathe, Kansas corps and the divisional Children’s Ministry Specialist for the Kansas-Western Missouri division.