5 true things about your spiritual journey:
- It is never ending.
- It is rarely a straight line.
- It often requires retracing of steps and relearning of lessons.
- It is a joy!
- It is an adventure and best done with friends.
4 things that have influenced your spiritual development over the years:
- Beautiful, wonderful, passionate teacher and mentors who continue to pour into and challenge me.
- The beauty and wonder of God’s creation. I love the outdoors and God routinely meets me there for lengthy conversations.
- The study of biblical languages through which I can dig into Scripture in a different way.
- Prayer and journaling.
3 things that keep your spiritual life on track:
- Keeping in consistent contact with God through prayer, Bible reading, journaling, and walking through nature.
- Keeping in consistent contact with mentors who encourage and challenge me to continue to grow.
- Knowing that God has called me to this time and place for His purpose and I do not want to let Him down.
2 good news things you see happening in the Army right now:
- I am encouraged by how many first generation folks are coming new to the Army. That’s a good sign and a wonderful opportunity to grow in whole new ways as an organization.
- We are still growing into new places and expanding into new countries even now over 150 years since our beginning. We are not stagnant as a worldwide movement. That is awesome!
1 final thing you would say to encourage someone else on their spiritual journey:
- The journey takes time and it takes effort, but we cannot do it alone. Find people who can help you along the journey, to encourage yes, but also to challenge you and pray for you and with you. God did not intend for any of us to be islands.
Lt. Jenny Moffitt is the corps officer of the Manitowoc, Wisconsin corps.
Show Comments (0)