Ewa Beach, Hawaii [April 6, 2020] – In response to the novel coronavirus pandemic, The Salvation Army has enhanced service delivery to meet the immediate needs of community members, first responders, and government partners. As a part of this effort, The Salvation Army Kroc Center Hawaii has shifted away from regular operations to provide increased community assistance and support. As of March 19, all regular Kroc Center Hawaii classes and membership offerings have been suspended.
“We know that this is a time when community needs are magnified,” said Major Phil Lum, Administrator and Corps Officer for The Salvation Army Kroc Center Hawaii. “We are in regular communication with state and county agencies and are working collectively with local businesses and organizations on outreach during these unprecedented times.”
The Salvation Army Kroc Center Hawaii is currently providing the following services to the West Oahu community:
• Food preparation and distribution for those in need
• Virtual youth group and Sunday services
• Social and spiritual community support
• Blood drives, in partnership with Blood Bank of Hawaii, are being held on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, through May 30. The events are by appointment only. Interested blood donors can schedule online at bbh.org.
Kroc Center Hawaii is also collecting donations Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 91-3257 Kualaka’i Parkway in Ewa Beach. The following new and unopened items are being collected:
• Personal hygiene items (shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, etc.)
• Cleaning supplies (hand sanitizer, paper towels, sanitizing wipes, disinfectant spray/cleaners)
• Toilet paper (wrapped)
• Baby diapers, formula and baby food
• Adult incontinence products (Depends)
• Non-perishable food items
All donations will be provided to kupuna and families in need, first responders and healthcare workers.
Emergency Services Hotline: (808) 682-5505
An Emergency Services Hotline is available to assist those in need and answer general questions about Kroc Center Hawaii. Community members may call the hotline at (808) 682-5505. Information about Kroc Center Hawaii’s outreach efforts and available community assistance will also be updated regularly on Kroc Center Hawaii’s website at www.kroccenterhawaii.org. To find out about other community resources, community members may also call Aloha United Way’s 2-1-1 hotline.
Kroc Church Online Services and Prayer Hotline: (808) 693-8377
Community members are invited to join us for weekly online church services at krocchurch.online.church every Sunday at 8:00am and 10:00am. The Kroc Church has a Prayer Hotline to accept prayer requests and concerns. Community members may call the hotline at (808) 693-8377.
Statewide Assistance and Support Needed
The Salvation Army Hawaiian & Pacific Islands Division is providing emergency food boxes, meals-to-go, and emotional and spiritual support at a variety of locations. For details, visit hawaii.salvationarmy.org or call 808-440-1800.