For Salvation Army officers, SACEP is 100% covered by The Salvation Army as part of your seven year officer training program. Here is a brief outline of how the costs are covered throughout your SACEP program.
- Tuition: Covered and paid by the Officer Resource & Development department at THQ. You need do nothing for these expenses.
- Textbooks: Officers pay for these personally and submit receipts for reimbursement with the application for course approval.
Travel– Annually, officers will participate in the SACEP Retreat. Travel to the Retreat is covered as part of the continuing education program. Once registered, specifics concerning these expenses and the reimbursement process will be shared prior to attending. The following represent some general information.
- Housing: Housing for the SACEP Retreat will be designated by the ORD department. Registration and details for housing arrangements can be made through Heidi Thiel.
- Meals: Meals for the SACEP Retreat is provided at no cost to officers through the Officer Resources & Development Department. Officers may choose to make other arrangements at personal expense.
- Child Care: Mothers of nursing infants must bring a child-care provider to SACEP Retreat. An additional fee is charged for the housing and meals of the caregiver and may be reimbursed by the officer’s appointment.
- Pre-approval: Travel from and back to the officer’s appointment must receive pre-approval from the ORD department. Each officer will submit an outline of expenses, including special accommodations such as air travel, rental car, or additional lodging. Please contact Rob DeGeorge for details.
Please contact Rob DeGeorge for any questions concerning the SACEP finances.