For Salvation Army officers, SACEP is 100% covered by The Salvation Army as part of your seven year officer training program. Here is a brief outline of how the costs are covered throughout your SACEP program.
- Tuition: Covered and paid by the Officer Resource & Development department at THQ. You need do nothing for these expenses.
- Textbooks: Officers pay for these personally and submit receipts for reimbursement with the application for course approval.
- Housing: Housing for SACEP courses is provided at no cost to officers through dormitory housing at Olivet. Officers may choose to make other arrangements at personal expense.
- Meals: Meals for SACEP courses is provided at no cost to officers through the university dining facilities at Olivet. Officers may choose to make other arrangements at personal expense.
- Child Care: Mothers of nursing infants must bring a child-care provider to SACEP. An additional fee is charged for the housing of the care giver and may be reimbursed by the officer’s appointment.
The information here is meant only to help clarify. The actual process and the steps necessary for completion will be communicated at the time of SACEP registration during the months of January and February each year. Please contact Heidi Thiel for any questions concerning the SACEP finances and registration.
– See more at: http://centralusa.salvationarmy.org/usc/SACEP_Finances#sthash.oFgQD8PL.dpuf