Welcome to the Biblical Education Tour homepage. This page provides information about the annual Biblical Education Tour offered by The Salvation Army Central Territory to active officers, retired officers, soldiers and employees. Officers are notified of their eligibility status in May of the year prior to the tour. Soldiers, retired officers and employees of the Central Territory are also invited to participate in this exciting experience as room becomes available. For more information about the tour, navigate through this site using the menu at the bottom of the page.
The Salvation Army began offering a Biblical Education Tour in 1989. A group of Pilgrims has traveled each year since to either Israel or Greece and Turkey. Each group has returned home recounting the many blessings they experienced on this tour.
In 2019 the Biblical Education Tour will return to Israel with an optional extended tour to Rome. This tour brings to life the richness of scripture as you visit sites where Jesus ministered and the Christian church launched to the rest of the world. As we travel through this amazing country each day offers countless opportunities to deepen your spiritual walk. You will walk the paths and enter the cities and towns recorded in the Bible affording you the opportunity to gain a deeper biblical and historical knowledge as well as a better understanding of current events.
Fit to Travel Requirement:
Passengers registering for the tour accept the responsibility for being in good health and able to walk and travel on the tour. Because many sites are not accessible to the physically challenged, those needing assistance will find the tour extremely limiting in their experience.
Retired officers, employees & soldiers– CLOSED
Registration is now closed. If you would like to be put on a waitlist for this year, please contact Rob DeGeorge.
If you were not able to enter your passport information at registration, please enter it here.
Standard Tour Package
Land Only Costs
Flight deviation (for furlough or extension at end of tour)
Extended tour to Rome
Optional single room charge (additional $198 for Rome extension)
Tip money– (additional $50 for Rome extension)
all fees are per person . . . FINAL PAYMENTS are due by NOV 16, 2018
The tour package includes:
All air travel from Chicago to destination and return to Chicago O’Hare
Meals include Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner while in Israel
Fees are based on double occupancy accommodations
Airport tax and entrance fees
No VISA is necessary for those holding a U.S. Passport.
Examples of additional expenses include:
Drinks with meals (i.e.; soft drinks, bottled water, etc)
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]
- The Biblical Educational tour may be taken the year following the successful completion of the five-year review
- Five years following the first tour a second tour may be taken
- Beginning with the 25th year of service, a third tour may be taken
- In addition to the years of service requirements, there is to be a minimum time span of five years between the first and second tours. the third tour may be taken anytime after the completion of 25 years of service
- Husbands and wives may take the tour together or separately; however, both must qualify in years of service
- The tour counts as one conference for the year
- The tour counts as one week of vacation for the year
- Officers should consult the Territorial Minute concerning financial assistance to attend the tour
- Retired Officers, Soldiers and Employees may participate in the tours if there is room. The cost of the tour is 100% personal expense.
- Officers who have already gone on three Biblical Education Tours may participate in the tour if room is available. Of course, the tour would count as furlough and would be entirely at personal expense.