The work of the Ejército de Salvación in the MexicoTerritory was started in 1934 by a group under the leadership of Alejandro Guzmán called the Salvation Patrol. Three years later he was presented with an Army flag by General Evangeline Booth at the USA Southern Territory Congress in Atlanta, Ga.
The work in Mexico operated under the supervision of the divisional headquarters in Dallas, Tex., until it became part of the Latin AmericaNorthTerritory. In 1998 Mexico was named a command, and in 2001 it became a territory.
With nearly 150 active officers, 48 corps and eight outposts, the territory has more than 25,000 senior soldiers, 1,200 junior soldiers and 700 adherents. Social services programs range from residential homes, daycare centers, feeding and educational support programs for children to men’s shelters, vocational training and a medical clinic.
A large evangelistic outreach during the last Pan-American Games resulted in many decisions for Christ and new people attending the Guadalajara Corps.
Source: The Salvation Army Year Book 2013